The Australasian College for Emergency Medicine is looking for enthusiastic and committed medical student volunteers for the upcoming ACEM Annual Scientific Meeting from 19 – 23 November at the National Convention Centre, Canberra.
Volunteer activities aim to provide an educational benefit for the student e.g. model for ultrasound workshops, assistant for workshops, running microphones for Q&A sessions, and producing social media content throughout sessions. A clear outline and briefing of your role will be provided prior to the commencement of the event.
Student Volunteer expectations:
- Attend briefing meetings
- Participate in volunteer activities for 30-40% of the duration of the conference
- Be available for the duration of the conference (this may include pre-conference workshops, which will run from Saturday 18 November – Sunday 19 November 2023)
- Complete the tasks for which you have been allocated to the best of your ability
- Follow the instructions of the workshop facilitator, session chair or meeting organiser
- Seek clarification if uncertain about anything and report any issues to the meeting organiser
Please note that volunteer opportunities are limited to 20 successful applicants, and preference is given to students based in ACT. In exchange for your time working at the ASM, successful applicants will receive a complimentary registration and a ticket to the Welcome Reception.
Volunteer applications close on Wednesday 2 August 2023. Notifications will be released in late August 2023.
If you have any questions or changes to your application in the meantime, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register your interest
We invite you to submit an Expression of Interest via the button below to volunteer at the upcoming ACEM ASM 2023, 19 – 23 November in Canberra, ACT.