Please read the guidelines below carefully. Abstracts not submitted in this format may not be considered for review. If you have any difficulties or queries about the abstract format, please contact the ASM Meeting Organisers by email email@example.com.
- Only abstracts submitted in English will be reviewed.
- Abstracts are to be submitted in Microsoft Word format (.doc or .docx) only via the Meeting website.
- Authors must follow the formatting guidelines below. A sample abstract is available here, and should be used as a guide.
- Word count: maximum 300 words (excluding title)
- Font: Tahoma, 12 point, single spaced, text left and right justified.
- Abbreviations: Use standard abbreviations only. Within the body of the abstract, when using abbreviations spell out the name in full at the first mention and follow with the abbreviation in parenthesis. Abbreviations may be used in the title, provided the name in full is outlined in the body of the abstract. Capitalise the first letter of trade names.
- Grammar: It is the responsibility of the author(s) to ensure their text does not contain any typos or grammatical errors. The Programme Committee will not be responsible for any errors published.
- Abstracts should comprise of the following elements, with each beginning a new paragraph:
- Authors: Each abstract is permitted a maximum of 1 presenting author and 5 more contributing authors. Please note that a blind review process will be conducted. You will be asked to provide author names and affiliations in the online submission process (authors must be listed in order of involvement), however please do not include this information on your Word document abstract.
- References: Authors may include references in their submission. The style of the references should follow the Vancouver style as used by Emergency Medicine Australasia. Any references included in a reference list must be cited within the abstract text.
- Tables and Figures: A maximum of 2 tables are allowed and each table is limited to a maximum of 10 columns and 10 rows.
Abstracts received after the closure date will not be accepted.
Corresponding authors must provide the organisers with their full mailing address, office hours phone number, fax number and email address.
Author and co-author information must be provided including the first and last names of all authors, their department, institution/hospital, city, state if applicable and country.
Abstracts must contain original scientific data collected by the author(s). All abstracts will be reviewed by the Local Organising Committee and ACEM Research Committee. The Local Organising Committee and ACEM Research Committee reserves the right to determine whether a submission is accepted as an oral or a poster and its decision is final. The Committee’s reserves the right to edit abstracts for grammar and clarity. The abstract may be scheduled for presentation on any day during the meeting